Globalization and widespread automation as well as the creation of the information society has amplified the demand for advanced methods that advance and maintain the management processes of any organization. Modern technologies allow for the design of expert software, generally known as management information systems. MIS solutions strengthen the positions of organizations and become an explicit factor in strengthening the potential of modern enterprises.
Presently, organizations and governments are in the race for enhancing their competence in order to survive in the rivalries of the new century global market. Consequently, they are all attempting to develop their agility level by refining the decision making practice to be more efficient and highly effective to meet the successive fluctuations in any market. In an effort to attain this, many modern institutions, either mid or large sized, have concerned with a cycle of progressive investments in and adopted new management information systems components.
Managers at all levels of an organization bank on on reports generated from these solutions. These solutions help them evaluate their business’ daily activities or problem-solving, decision-making, and track progress. MIS reporting is used by NGOs and enterprises of all sizes and in every industry. A manager has to take decisions with two main challenges: Firstly, a manager has to take quick decisions, or else there’s a chance of the business being taken over by his competitors.
Secondly, data is doubling up every three or four years, an administrator has to process a voluminous statistics, failing which he may end up taking a strong decision that may prove to be very costly to the institution. Therefore, Management Information System has proved to be the one of the most important solutions in today’s business environment. One of our products on offer as Eccensys Technologies is a user friendly MIS that is seamlessly compatible with mobile data collection systems such as ONAI, Koko Toolbox and ODK.
Management Information System Roles & Responsibilities:
MIS satisfies the diverse needs through a variety of systems such as Query System, Analysis System, Modelling System and Decision Support System.
- It assists in strategic planning, management control, operational control and transaction processing.
- It helps in the clerical transaction processing.
- It plays the role of information generation, communication, problem identification and helps in the process of decision-making.
- It answers the queries on the data pertaining to the transaction, the status of a particular record and reference on a variety of documents.
- MIS for Junior Management: Providing the operational data for planning, scheduling and control, and helps them further in decision-making at the operation level to correct an out of control situation.
- MIS for Middle Management: In short-term planning, target setting and controlling the business functions which is supported by the use of the management tools of planning and control.
- MIS for Top- Level Management: in goal setting, strategic planning and evolving the business plans and their implementation.
Information system yields information to satisfy the requirements of both the management and operations subsystems, as well as the need of parties external to the organization. This data mirrors the internal activities of the organization, competitive actions, environmental and sociological interests and political and financial tendencies. It must represent what has happened, what is happening and perhaps most important of all, what will happen. This information requirement exists with equal importance in private industry, educational institutions, governmental organizations and other organizations.
In conclusion, organizations in Zimbabwe nowadays just cannot survive and grow without properly planned, implemented and maintained MIS. MIS is of imperative importance to reach effective decisions in an organization. MIS is considered to be an integrated user-machine system that provides information to support operations, management and decision-making functions at various levels of an organization. Organizations are aware that MIS is a special-purpose system useful for management objectives. Find out more on how to increase the efficiency of your operations using an MIS solution by getting in touch with our team.